Aaron Moyne, health, safety and environment/labour relations officer with the Oilfields Workers’ Trade Union (OWTU), said yesterday the 300- plus workers agreed to accept the increase after a meeting held last ...
Chester, Pa. - Philadelphia Union midfielder Keon Daniel has been called up to the Trinidad & Tobago National Team for the CONCACAF Gold Cup in July. Daniel will join Trinidad & Tobago for international duty from June 25-July 16, missing the Union's matches against FC Dallas (June 29), Real Salt Lake (July 3), Houston Dynamo (July 6) and Chivas USA (July 12). Should Daniel and his ...
Port of Spain, Jun 17 (Prensa Latina) The main feature of the policy towards the Caribbean of United State' President, Barack Obama, is the lack of commitment, said today the Caribbean Journal newspaper. According to the journal, the permanent promise of the president is the closure of the prison in Guantanamo's naval base, territory that is occupied by US against the will of Cuban ...
Breaking hearts, winning minds ; Five directors have been nominated for the Irish Council for Civil Liberties film award. Here they discuss their ...
Images ] who facilitated the transfer. I am confident Glen will gel well with the rest of the team and we look forward to him joining us," said Larsing Ming, general secretary of Shillong Lajong Football ...
25°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 13 MPH
When Harry Met Sally... [DVD]
When Harry Met Sally... is a film about how people meet and fall in love. While many romantic films rely on the concept of love at first sight or the tradition of instant, unbridled passion that simply cannot be blocked by any obstacles, When Harry Met Sally... takes its time in exploring the long, sometimes bumpy, and often comical process by which two people might discover the ... ...
(Reuters) - A large area of clouds and thunderstorms over Honduras and the northwestern Caribbean Sea has a 40 percent chance of developing into a tropical cyclone over the next 48 hours, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said on ...
FIFA World Cup , where he appeared in all three games. Glen's shot nearly upset Sweden in the Caribbean team's historic World Cup debut which ended in a ...
Contender for the Chaguanas West seat Jack Warner will host a walkabout and cottage meeting today in Charlieville while a few miles away his party, the United National Congress (UNC) will host its Monday night Forum in Felicity. It will be the first time the UNC has hosted a Monday night forum in the Chaguanas West constituency and Warner viewed the timing of it as calculated to undermine ...
On Tuesday of last week, Bourse Securities Limited listed the newest addition to its family of mutual funds on the Trinidad and Tobago Stock Exchange (TTSE)-the Bourse Brazil Latin Fund (BBLF). This was a historic listing, since the BBLF is the first USD denominated mutual fund to be listed on the TTSE’s USD Trading Platform. The BBLF has created some excitement in the market in view of ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Novotel Hotel St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia
Just a few minutes drive north of Melbourne lies St Kilda beach. Overlooking the ocean is the six-storey Novotel, built ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Trinidad TimesTrinidad Times – Updating News in Trinidad & Tobago
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Trinidad Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Trinidad news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Trinidad news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Trinidad news, the weather forecast for Trinidad you'll find it all in the Trinidad Times.
From Trinidad to Tobago, the Trinidad Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and the West Indies Players Association (WIPA) have decided to jointly stage the 2013 players' awards ceremony.
Previously known as the WIPA Awards, the West Indies Annual Awards Function will be organised jointly by WIPA and WICB and held July 4 in here, according to WICB director Baldath Mahabir, reports CMC.
"This move by both bodies is welcome at this time in world cricket," Mahabir told the Trinidad Guardian newspaper.
"The function will be held at the same time when India and Sri Lanka are playing in Trinidad, so the world will see that the WICB and WIPA are now united. They would have seen in the recent past with different administrations on both sides that they were at loggerheads."
"The guys that are here now want to work together for the betterment of the game in the Caribbean and this is a major step forward in achieving that goal. This function and coming together of both bodies will augur well for the future of West Indies cricket."
WICB president Whycliffe Cameron said that repairing the strained relationship between the board and its players will be a priority agenda issue for his administration.
The WICB and WIPA will fund the awards function and to help offset some of the expenses they have decided to sell tickets for companies to attend the function. ...
- First former stabs another
- Film chief next month
- Lessons from the world
- Holder Return to being mature Christians
- All Stars on show
- US Cuba to discuss renewal of direct mail service
- Haiti reports first suspected H1N1 death in 2013
- Special Committee on Decolonization Approves Text Calling upon United States to Initiate Self-determination Process for Puerto Rico
- US names dangerous Cuba prisoners
- Whelan Barbados is on FA Cup travel itinerary
- To Sell Experiences Not Just Rooms Build A Hotel Value Pyramid.
- Four Seasons Shenzhen set to open in Chinas powerhouse city.
- The Wild West of Star Ratings.
- Digital Innovation Asia announces winners for the 1st DIA Awards.
- Elements Of An Intelligent Sales Conversation.
- Ozzy Osbourne has no plans to return to The Osbournes
- Bruce Lee Statue Unveiled in L.A.s Chinatown
- Watch Fox News Sued for Airing Mans Suicide on Live TV
- ‘Hot in Cleveland’ goes live Wednesday
- The Genius Who Produces ‘Pure’ Television
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Aragon Pharmaceuticals being acquired by Johnson and Johnson
- Apple latest among tech firms to deny sharing customer data
- Marketing scams in 2012 saw Australian consumers robbed of over $94mn
- Chevron commences LNG shipment from Angola
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Microsoft Builds Its Own iAd for Windows 8 Apps
- Yes Futurama Is Really Cancelled
- Yahoo reveals U.S. government requests for user data
- Online Movie Service Distrify Aims to Boost I Am Breathing Doc Rollout
- First homebuyers cheer low rates
- Jumbo Mortgage Rates California - LoanLove.com Gives Advice For California Residents Who Wish To Finance Homes With ...
- Fitch Rates Firstmac Mortgage Funding Trust Series 1E-2013 AAAsf
- Richmond coalition embarks on campaign to seize underwater mortgages from banks
- First-home buyers backed by PM
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Trinidad Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Workers OAS agree to six per cent
- Keon Daniel Called Up to Trinidad Tobago National Team
- Obamas Policy Towards the Caribbean is Criticized
- Havana Hosts Caribbean Cinema Forum Info - Prod Research
- Shillong signs T T striker Cornell Glen