Havana, June 19 (PL) Cuban fans celebrate today the victory of Villa Clara in the national baseball championship,becoming the first team that will represent this island in the Caribbean series,after 43 years of absence. Of course, the biggest joy is appreciated in the central Cuban province that gives its name to the champion, known as the orange team. The team mentor, Ramon More, attributed ...
Xi Jinping said his country would like to work more closely with Cuba on international and regional issues. Xi told Cuba's visiting first vice president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, that China would like to forge a good partnership with Latin American and Caribbean nations, the official Chinese news agency Xinhua reported. The Chinese leader called for stronger cooperation between China and Latin ...
Stephen Hart is going to the CONCACAF Gold Cup after all -- and he's going to be joined by a national hero. The former Canada coach was named head coach of his native Trinidad and Tobago national team on Tuesday, and Leo Beenhakker -- the Dutchman who coached T&T into the 2006 World Cup -- has been hired as the team's technical director. Hart (above) has been without a job ...
signing ceremony: Director of Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Commerce Reyaz Ahamad, from left; Chamber chairman Diane Hadad, Eximbank chief executive Brian Awang; Tourism Secretary Tracey Davidson-Celestine; Tourism Minister Stephen Cadiz; and chairman of the Tourism Development Company Brian Frontin at the Mt Irvine Bay Hotel in Tobago yesterday during the signing ceremony for the Tobago ...
Port of Spain, Jun 18 (Prensa Latina) The Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS) turned 32 years today with new challenges and immersed in a process of change to increase the links between its members. A key moment of the group was the launch, two years ago, of a regional economic union, which allows greater trade with the signing of the Revised Treaty of Basseterre. The agreement ...
30°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the East at 14 MPH
Howl's Moving Castle (Hauru no ugoku shiro) [Blu-Ray]
As anyone familiar with the work of Japans leading animation director Hayao Miyazaki might assume, his film Howls Moving Castle (Hauru no ugoku shiro) is a visual delight and a reminder of the continuing power of two-dimensional animation done right. Miyazakis ... ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott, Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
This luxury establishment is located in Summerlin, a golfing community about a 15 minute drive northwest of the Las Vegas ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Trinidad TimesTrinidad Times – Updating News in Trinidad & Tobago
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Trinidad Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Trinidad news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Trinidad news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Trinidad news, the weather forecast for Trinidad you'll find it all in the Trinidad Times.
From Trinidad to Tobago, the Trinidad Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul has been forced to withdraw from the first ever Caribbean Premier League (CPL) because of his contractual obligations with English county team Derbyshire.
Organisers say Chanderpaul signed a contract with CPL, offering himself for selection but later realised that his commitment to Derbyshire provided for release only if it pertained to West Indies duty, reports CMC.
"I am extremely sorry that I will not be able to participate in the CPL because of contractual obligations," said Chanderpaul.
"I would definitely like to make myself available for the next edition, and will have my contracts carry a clause that will permit me to play in future editions of T20 tournaments."
Head coach Andy Roberts said it is unfortunate that Chanderpaul is unable to represent the St. Lucia Zouks.
"His experience would have added some stability to the team, and of course he is loved and respected by fans around the world," said the former West Indies fast bowler.
"We wish him all the best this season with Derbyshire and hope to see him in the draft again next year".
Chanderpaul's withdrawal opens the door for Aussie batsman Luke Pomersbach to join St. ...
- Sick ambulances affecting service
- Parkinson School releases calypso CD
- Bajan products a hit in UK
- Special attention for seven businesses
- Fowler rewrites record books
- Ariel Castro Cleveland Kidnapping Suspect May Receive Additional Charges
- Obama...Give Me Five in International Meeting of Design in Cuba
- Dominican officials look to dump poultry glut as Haiti ban holds
- Canada deploying 34 peacekeepers to serve with Brazilians in Haiti
- Ariel Castro gets August trial date in Ohio kidnap case
- Stellar CIO Panel to Close HITEC 2013 Next Week
- Partner State Associations Honored by AHLA
- TravelClick Sweeps Hotel and Resort Category at 2013 Interactive Media Awards
- Morgans Hotel Group Selects Cloudbased MICROS OPERA for Entire Hotel Portfolio
- Howard Johnson Hotels to Kick Off Summer with Surprise Free Stays
- 14 killed in attack on UN headquarters in Somalia
- UN headquarters in Somalia attacked
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Cricket Australia rejects Channel Nine claims of influencing team selection
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Aspen seeks to acquire GSK thrombosis drug and plant
- Shenzen to be first Chinese city to begin carbon trading
- UK inflation rises to 2.7pc in May pushed by higher transport cost
- Facebooks big idea event Join us Thursday
- Twitter and Viacom announce social video marketing pact
- Feedly upgrades site to prep for Google Readers demise
- Rdios Vdio service now open to everyone in U.S. U.K.
- Radio stations tune in profits despite heavy competition
- MBS MID-DAY Yesterdays Gains Erased Ahead of Fed
- Mortgage settlement monitor says banks still falling short on helping struggling homeowners
- Banks Dont Follow Rules in Mortgage Settlement
- Affiliated Mortgage Company Expands Service Offerings with Addition of WholesaleMini Correspondent Division
- Report Shows Inflation Below Fed’s Target – Market Update
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Trinidad Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Villa Clara Will Represent Cuba in Caribbean Baseball Series
- China and Cuba seek greater cooperation
- Gold Cup Trinidad Tobago name Stephen Hart head coach Leo Beenhakker as technical director
- Hoteliers get access to tourism $$
- Eastern Caribbean Fueled by OECS Integration Process