Free to View The following free to view company profiles are part of a select group of companies who have chosen to sponsor free OilVoice access to a University of their ...
l KINGSTONJamaica has given the new board of Trinidad-based Caribbean Airlines (CAL) a month to indicate how it intends to use the Air Jamaica brand in the future.Jamaica Transport Minister Dr Omar Davies on Tuesday met with a high-level delegation from Trinidad and Tobago that included Trade Minister Vasant Bharath and CAL board members to discuss the airline's Jamaican operations and its ...
The Clico Policyholders Group wants to know the status of the criminal investigation into the Clico fiasco and why charges have not yet been laid.In a statement yesterday, chairman of the Policyholders Group Peter Permell said they fully support the strengthening of the legislative and regulatory framework for insurance companies as outlined by Finance Minister Larry Howai, who piloted the ...
Former Canada manager Stephen Hart has been named as the head coach of the senior men's soccer team in his native Trinidad and Tobago. Hart, a former Trinidad and Tobago international in his playing days, will lead his home nation into the CONCACAF Gold Cup championship next month. Hart stepped down as Canada's manager in October, after Canada failed to make the last round of ...
CARACAS, Venezuela - Venezuelan authorities say the undersea wreckage of a small plane that disappeared five years ago with 14 people aboard has been found. Attorney General Luisa Ortega Diaz is announcing via Twitter the discovery of the aircraft with the ID code YV2081. The plane went missing Jan. 4, 2008. Aboard were five Venezuelans including the pilot and copilot, eight Italians and one ...
26°C Scattered Clouds
Winds: From the ENE at 8 MPH
88 Minutes is an absurd, immediately forgettable real-time thriller with too many red herrings and a preposterous ending that tosses whatever credibility the story had left right over the edge (above which a potential victim appropriately dangles). In the midst of it all is Al Pacino ... ...
The dual-island Caribbean nation of Trinidad and Tobago is known for its superb cuisine and spectacular street food, but on July 4 and 7, the nation of foodies will pay homage to the king of tropical fruit. Sweet, juicy and versatile, delicious mangoes of every size and type will be the focus of Trinidad and Tobago's fourth annual Mango Festival which will be held on July 7. Featuring a ...
Two Vietnam-era vessels docked at the Naval Station Great Lakes north of Chicago, landing craft that can hold 200 people each, are for sale, the U.S. Navy said. An auction of the two LCM-8s, capable of plowing through surf onto a beach, opening a ramp and unleashing an amphibious assault, began Tuesday and ends Thursday afternoon on the govliquidation.com website, the Chicago Tribune reported ...
Havana, June 19 (PL) Cuban fans celebrate today the victory of Villa Clara in the national baseball championship,becoming the first team that will represent this island in the Caribbean series,after 43 years of absence. Of course, the biggest joy is appreciated in the central Cuban province that gives its name to the champion, known as the orange team. The team mentor, Ramon More, attributed ...
Xi Jinping said his country would like to work more closely with Cuba on international and regional issues. Xi told Cuba's visiting first vice president, Miguel Diaz-Canel, that China would like to forge a good partnership with Latin American and Caribbean nations, the official Chinese news agency Xinhua reported. The Chinese leader called for stronger cooperation between China and Latin ...
signing ceremony: Director of Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Commerce Reyaz Ahamad, from left; Chamber chairman Diane Hadad, Eximbank chief executive Brian Awang; Tourism Secretary Tracey Davidson-Celestine; Tourism Minister Stephen Cadiz; and chairman of the Tourism Development Company Brian Frontin at the Mt Irvine Bay Hotel in Tobago yesterday during the signing ceremony for the Tobago ...
Reported in the press
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
JW Marriott, Las Vegas Resort, Spa & Golf
This luxury establishment is located in Summerlin, a golfing community about a 15 minute drive northwest of the Las Vegas ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
Trinidad TimesTrinidad Times – Updating News in Trinidad & Tobago
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Trinidad Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Trinidad news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Trinidad news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Trinidad news, the weather forecast for Trinidad you'll find it all in the Trinidad Times.
From Trinidad to Tobago, the Trinidad Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
West Indies middle order batsman Shivnarine Chanderpaul has been forced to withdraw from the first ever Caribbean Premier League (CPL) because of his contractual obligations with English county team Derbyshire.
Organisers say Chanderpaul signed a contract with CPL, offering himself for selection but later realised that his commitment to Derbyshire provided for release only if it pertained to West Indies duty, reports CMC.
"I am extremely sorry that I will not be able to participate in the CPL because of contractual obligations," said Chanderpaul.
"I would definitely like to make myself available for the next edition, and will have my contracts carry a clause that will permit me to play in future editions of T20 tournaments."
Head coach Andy Roberts said it is unfortunate that Chanderpaul is unable to represent the St. Lucia Zouks.
"His experience would have added some stability to the team, and of course he is loved and respected by fans around the world," said the former West Indies fast bowler.
"We wish him all the best this season with Derbyshire and hope to see him in the draft again next year".
Chanderpaul's withdrawal opens the door for Aussie batsman Luke Pomersbach to join St. ...
- IDB’s Trini director comes under fire
- Fresh approach to public sector purchasing
- Youth enlisted in HIVAIDS fight
- Major upgrade for St. Lawrence Gap
- UNESCO rep calls on foreign minister
- Injury concerns force Blake to withdraw from Nationals
- Puerto Rico hopes to net $100 mn from tax amnesty
- Haiti PM files new complaint in defamation case
- Jamaica seeks closer ties with diaspora to boost business investment
- Canada sends soldiers to support UN mission in Haiti
- Fairmont broadens its approach to operational sustainability.
- Google for Hotels Q+A with David Zammitt Google Travel Industry Manager.
- Marriott launches Travel Brilliantly engaging Next Gen guests.
- What is So Awesome About Hotels
- Virgin Hotels announce New York location.
- The Sopranos actor James Gandolfini dead
- Video shows Mexican politician accepting wads of money
- Liv Tyler to make TV debut
- Assange to stay in Ecuador embassy even if charges are dropped
- Model Caprice Bourret set to star in reality show
- Dalian Wanda Group to buy UK yacht maker and hotel property
- Lundbeck and several drug firms fined for pact to delay generic drugs
- 2.7 mn Jeeps to be recalled by Chrysler over concerns on fuel tanks
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- Spain urged to pursue further reforms to generate growth and jobs
- How European Public Broadcasters Cash Crunch Affects Hollywood
- Southeast Asia e-tailer Lazada raises $100M in funding
- LinkedIn suffers site outage due to DNS issue
- Sony Shareholders Press CEO on Proposed Hollywood Sell-Off
- Microsoft Reverses Decision to Impose Restrictions on Used Games for Xbox One
- Settlement monitor faults four largest US mortgage servicers for lapses
- ING sees signs of more confidence in the housing market
- Home lenders still facing hurdles
- SNB welcomes UBS CSuisse capital steps warns on housing market
- MBS RECAP Apocalyptic Catalogue of Reprice Alerts
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Trinidad Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Leni Gas Oil announces the signature of a Letter of Intent with Beach Oilfield Limited
- Jamaica gives CAL one-month deadline
- Why no charges yet in CLICO fiasco
- Former Canada manager Stephen Hart to coach Trinidad and Tobago
- Venezuela Wreckage of plane that disappeared in 2008 located off Caribbean archipelago