David Beckham spent six years in the U.S. with the LA Galaxy before returning to Europe earlier this year. The most unforgiving criticism in sport is directed at any athlete who fans believe is celebrated too excessively above his true talent level -- especially those stars who are gloried because they're such pretty people. To wit: As David Beckham retires, so much attention is ...
Angela was 11 years old when a court in Australia ordered that her uterus be removed. Why? Because Angela has Rett syndrome, a neurological disorder resulting in severe intellectual and physical impairments, and epilepsy. A judge decided that it was in her "best interests" to have a hysterectomy. The decision to start a family is a deeply personal one, and one that these days is often ...
Two seemingly unrelated stories in the news - marriage equality and Angelina Jolie’s preventive mastectomies - have a connection for some Minnesotans. Many members of state’s adoption community have sought for decades to regain the right of adult adoptees to have access to their original birth certificates. Our attempts to restore this right, which was taken away in the 1940s under ...
Last week, I decided I wanted a Reuben sandwich, and I was missing sauerkraut. For my Reubens, not just any sauerkraut will do. So I got in my car, strapped myself in, drove to the co-op that carries it and paid an ungodly amount for The Best Sauerkraut In The World. I got home, laid out my ingredients, and started drooling at the prospect of my delicious, most-craved Reuben. And then I ...
Mark Dayton and DFL leaders are wasting little time to extol their "accomplishments" of this year’s legislative session. We, not surprisingly, have a different take and a lot of questions. Why did legislators raise permanent taxes by more than $2 billion to resolve a $627 million short-term deficit? They could have adopted a balanced approach by going through the budget line by ...
27°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 12 MPH
For all of its foreboding, shadowy atmosphere and jump-from-the-dark scare moments, Scott Derricksons Sinister is at its core the story of a Faustian bargainand you know those never turn out well. The Faust in this instance is Ellison Oswalt (Ethan Hawke), a true-crime writer who hit the to ... ...
Images and text copyright © 2013 by Trib Total Media, Inc. Reproduction or reuse prohibited without written consent. Advertising Information ...
Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: Fangirls feel sorry for "Jahar," the nickname he used as a Twitter handle and that is now part of dozens of hashtags (#FreeJahar is a favorite), Facebook pages and Tumblr ...
"They don’t care about us," the Somali woman told us. "They don’t rescue us when the women are crying for help." She was describing the people who controlled her camp for displaced people in the capital city, Mogadishu. In fact, the voices of Somalia’s displaced have been regularly ignored, and often actively silenced. It is an important time to listen to ...
Minneapolis police chief, she told the Star Tribune Editorial Board that her priorities for the department included transparency. In fact, the motto "Commitment, Integrity, Transparency" appears on most correspondence from her office. Earlier this month, she faced one of her first big tests in community relations. Two Minneapolis police officers were shot and two young men died ...
The devastation caused by Monday’s massive tornado through parts of Oklahoma City and its suburbs calls upon Washingtonians to lend a helping ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel Sofitel, New York City
This at the time of my stay was one of the newest hotels in New York, and merited a review ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Trinidad TimesTrinidad Times – Updating News in Trinidad & Tobago
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Trinidad Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Trinidad news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Trinidad news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Trinidad news, the weather forecast for Trinidad you'll find it all in the Trinidad Times.
From Trinidad to Tobago, the Trinidad Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Caribbean Premier T20 League operations manager Carlisle Powell says the key stakeholders in the six franchise countries have thrown their support behind the inaugural tournament which bowls off in July.
Powell and other CPL officials recently held meetings with cricket board executives, stadium management, tourism representatives and government ministers in Antigua amp; Barbuda, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia and Trinidad amp; Tobago, to apprise them on the tournament's progress.
A former government minister in Nevis, Powell said he was thrilled with the response to the tournament.
"The opportunity to sit down at the table with each of these groups in the six franchise countries was imperative because we wanted to make sure we answered the questions, and addressed any concerns they had," said Powell, the father of West Indies Test opener Kieran Powell Sunday.
"Once we did that, everyone had a greater understanding of the CPL vision, what we hope to accomplish and the benefits to their country specifically and the region in general.
"The result was that the governments, the cricket boards and the tourism boards are all pleased to give their full support to the CPL, and are excited about the prospects of a first-class sporting event being hosted annually in the region, bringing a much needed economic boost to the Caribbean and attracting new and repeat visitors. ...
- Equip workforce with relevant skills says Cox
- Three head to Dodds
- Search on for partner
- Shopkeepers helping people in need
- Richards wins chess tourney
- Cuba permits individuals to import mopeds
- Olympic Games Medallists to Compete in Cuba
- Leisure and pleasure Caribbean way of life
- Puma to sell gasoline-ethanol mix in Puerto Rico
- Cooperation in Education Between Cuba and Angola Deepened
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- One trillion euro tax evasion to be tackled says Barroso
- Overall economy likely to pick up in Q2 says German central bank
- Pfizer discontinues NHL cancer drug development
- GrubHub and Seamless to merge
- Housing market picking up in UK
- Cannes Apsara Distribution Gets Asia Rights to Harrison Fords Paranoia
- Sara Bareilles Jason Collins to Headline LGBT Democratic Fundraiser with Michelle Obama
- Appeals Court Denies Ronald Tutors Bid to Sell Movies Tied up in Bankruptcy Case
- Google+ rolls out a redesign for mobile Web similar to desktop
- Teens Facebook is just like too much drama
- BluFi Lending Hires New Branch Manager Opens New San Diego Location with Bilingual Home Loan Services
- Mortgage settlement brings relief to 25K in Illinois
- BofA JPMorgan say they have fulfilled mortgage settlement terms
- I like my home and want to remain in it Banks close door on pensioner mortgages
- How to Submit the Best Offer on Your Dream Home
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Trinidad Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- TT China talk trade energy
- Leisure and pleasure Caribbean way of life
- Caribbean Farming Gets Its Roots Wet
- AES supplies energy at Central Americas and the Caribbean’s most competitive prices
- Xi to visit Latin America and the Caribbean