Cannes: Zentropa Unveils Teaser Poster for Lars von Trier's 'Nymphomaniac' The book, one of the Sweden's best-selling novels, has been translated into 24 languages. It is the story of Red Orm, a 10th-century Norseman living in the pre-Christian nation of ...
bring in more of its resources to the affected area. "Our thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the tornado that hit the Oklahoma City area Monday," the company announced today. "We are coordinating with local authorities and bringing in additional resources. We recommend text messaging for communications with family, friends, and loved ones given heavy call ...
Cannes: U.K. to Get 'Sake-Bombed' The novel follows 82-year-old widower and ex-Marine Sheldon Horowitz who, having grudgingly moving to Oslo with his granddaughter and her Norwegian husband, witnesses the murder of a woman in his apartment complex. He rescues her six-year-old son and goes on the run, fearing that the Balkan gang responsible for the murder will return. Chased by the ...
SYDNEY - U.S. private equity firm Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co will sell its entire AUS$260 million (US$255 million) stake in Australia’s Seven West Media, ending a seven year partnership in the top rating Australian TV network, Seven West ...
(Credit: YouTube/Screenshot by Lance Whitney/CNET) Nokia is out with another promo showing off the camera of its new Lumia 928 smartphone. A spot posted on YouTube reveals a series ...
28°C Mostly Cloudy
Winds: From the East at 18 MPH
What a difference a year makes When documentary filmmaker and outspoken activist Michael Moore accepted his Oscar for Bowling for Columbine at the 2003 Academy Awards, he was booed off the stage when he unexpectedly launched into an angry rant against George W. Bushs fictional Presid ... ...
TV networks have a bigger concern than one-upping their broadcast rivals: grabbing attention from original content on nontraditional platforms. ...
(Credit: CNET) More customers are satisfied with Apple's phones than any other handsets, but they're not as happy as they were last year, a new report said. According to an American Customer Satisfaction Index report issued today, Apple received a score of 81 (on a scale of 100) in terms of customer satisfaction. But the company dropped 2 percent from its 2012 position, and the ...
Nairobi - The Ugandan government should immediately end politically motivated police intimidation of newspapers and radio stations and ensure that the media can operate freely, Human Rights Watch said today. Recent raids on two newspapers and two radio stations are linked to a legal dispute in which the police have sought to obtain the source for an article by the Daily Monitor about the ...
commentary More space for online photo storage is a welcome move, but it's also like having a bigger "shoebox" where more of your photos get lost. How about an increase in ...
You’re known as one of the few people in Hollywood that can say "no" to Harvey Weinstein. Is that difficult? You know, I am who I am, and I’m a very honest person. Harvey respects that about me, and he knows that when I argue with him, it’s not that I have a personal agenda; it’s what I feel is best for the company. I even had a little tussle with him ...
Reported in the press
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Hotel Sofitel, New York City
This at the time of my stay was one of the newest hotels in New York, and merited a review ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
Trinidad TimesTrinidad Times – Updating News in Trinidad & Tobago
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The Trinidad Times is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Trinidad news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Trinidad news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local Trinidad news, the weather forecast for Trinidad you'll find it all in the Trinidad Times.
From Trinidad to Tobago, the Trinidad Times should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Caribbean Premier T20 League operations manager Carlisle Powell says the key stakeholders in the six franchise countries have thrown their support behind the inaugural tournament which bowls off in July.
Powell and other CPL officials recently held meetings with cricket board executives, stadium management, tourism representatives and government ministers in Antigua amp; Barbuda, Barbados, Guyana, Jamaica, St Lucia and Trinidad amp; Tobago, to apprise them on the tournament's progress.
A former government minister in Nevis, Powell said he was thrilled with the response to the tournament.
"The opportunity to sit down at the table with each of these groups in the six franchise countries was imperative because we wanted to make sure we answered the questions, and addressed any concerns they had," said Powell, the father of West Indies Test opener Kieran Powell Sunday.
"Once we did that, everyone had a greater understanding of the CPL vision, what we hope to accomplish and the benefits to their country specifically and the region in general.
"The result was that the governments, the cricket boards and the tourism boards are all pleased to give their full support to the CPL, and are excited about the prospects of a first-class sporting event being hosted annually in the region, bringing a much needed economic boost to the Caribbean and attracting new and repeat visitors. ...
- Cuba Hosts Accounting and Management Congress
- Influence of Haitian Culture Focus of Colloquium in Cuba
- Media Alert - Scotiabank Caribbean Carnival Heats up Toronto
- Dominican Republic court hands Catholic Church a stunning setback
- Caribbean Cruise Line -- Scam Artists Apprehended in New Jersey Reveal Travel Industry Concerns
- Work starts on creation of new Dubai island
- 88 of Golfers Get Seven Hours or More of Sleep a Night Showing Better Sleep Equals More Drive
- Common Global and Local Drivers of RevPAR in Asian Cities | By Crocker Liu Ph.D. Pamela Moulton Ph.D. and Daniel C. Quan Ph.D.
- Cornell Studies Examine Global Hotel Industry Strategy and Restaurant Social Media
- Magnuson Hotels reports 5 brand conversions from Best Western
- Paris Hiltons beau shoves harassing female fan at Cannes
- Simon Cowell to be flanked by 3 female judges in new X Factor season
- IPL Spot-fixing TV star Vindu Dara Singh arrested in Mumbai
- Maarty Broekman wants to work with Alesha Dixon
- Too much time indoors may damage kids eyes
- Yahoo buys blogging platform Tumblr for $1.1 bn cash
- Actavis buying Warner Chilcott in $8.5bn deal
- New business jet Challenger 350 launched by Bombardier
- South African regulator gives nod for Eskom wind power project
- Morgan Stanley to sell Indian private banking arm to StanChart
- Cannes In a Better World Girl with Dragon Tattoo Producers Unite for Viking Epic
- ATT waives overage fees for Oklahoma tornado victims
- Cannes U.K.s Rainmark Films Partners With Germanys Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- KKR Exits Australias Seven West Media Tim Worner Promoted to Seven West CEO
- Nokia video ad touts Lumia 928s low-light camera
- Apollo Residential Mortgage Inc. to Present at Keefe Bruyette Woods Mortgage Finance Conference
- Wells Fargo Helps Nearly 93000 Customers Through National Mortgage Settlement Programs
- Bank of Ireland reverses mortgage rate increase for 1200 borrowers
- The Day Ahead Recent Volatility Might be Logical
- Mortgage lending up 4 – the highest level for four years
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest Trinidad Times headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Xi Visits 3 Latin American nations meet Obama in U.S.
- New chairman Marshall wants ‘clean’ CAL
- Chinas President to Visit Trinidad and Tobago
- A Unique and Diverse Caribbean Theme of Colloquium in Havana
- Trinidad and Tobago Wants to Strengthen Commercial Links with DR